State of Crypto Markets: Institutional Adoption?
Panel discussion hosted by FS Blockchain Center on “State of Crypto Markets: Institutional Adoption?” About this event Crypto assets such
Panel discussion hosted by FS Blockchain Center on “State of Crypto Markets: Institutional Adoption?”
About this event
Crypto assets such as Bitcoin, Ethereum and others had initially started out in small networks that have been growing steadily. Lately, the growing popularity and usage of crypto assets have left larger institutions to recalibrate their business strategies to integrate crypto assets and the underlying technology, which is blockchain, into their business models. But what are the main drivers for institutional adoption of Bitcoin and Ethereum?
We will discuss if globally rising inflation rates and retracing market conditions make institutions seek for different investment alternatives and what other reasons lead to crypto assets, especially Bitcoin and Ethereum, clearly gaining traction at the institutional level since 2021. However, the recent development of the market does not mean that crypto assets have entered the institutional mainstream yet.
On one hand, institutions and corporations become more comfortable with crypto assets as they prepare to enter the market. On the other hand, regulation, trust, and infrastructure remain the main barriers to entry for many firms looking to expand their blockchain related products and services. Clearly, a higher adoption of crypto assets will undoubtedly enhance the development of the crypto assets market when institutions seek to develop decentralized products for their own investor base.
We will elaborate on questions such as:
- Are current challenges such as the rising inflation levels the reason that large institutional investors are entering the market of crypto assets?
- What strategies are institutions choosing to enter the market and deal with the challenges?
- Are inflation rates, retracing markets and supply chain uncertainty the main drivers of institutional adoption?
- How are institutions dealing with the regulatory uncertainty?
- How are institutions managing risks when entering uncertain market conditions?
You will also have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the panelists.
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center (moderator)
- Matthias Hirtschulz, d-fine
- Johannes Kaske, Metaco
- Arno Pernthaler, DEC Institute
- Frank Wagner, Invao Group
Location and Date
Location: Online. Details for the live broadcast will be sent to you on the day of the event (no prior software installation is required).
Date: July 27, 2022
Time: 14:00 – 15:00 (CEST)
14:00 – Welcome and introductory words (Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center)
14:05 – Introduction of the speakers (Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center)
14:10 – Start of the panel discussion: State of Crypto Markets: Institutional Adoption?
15:00 – End of online panel
Tickets and registration
Required via Eventbrite; you will receive the URL for the live stream in advance.
Registration closes half an hour before the start of the event.
Who should participate?
- Employees and decision-makers from the financial sector interested in blockchain technology
- Decision-makers and employees from the financial and capital market industry who want to enter the market of crypto assets
- Lawyers and consultants with a focus on capital market law and digitization
- Decision-makers and employees from the financial and capital market industry who are affected by regulations of the crypto market
- Journalists from the economics and technology department
- Other groups of people with an interest in capital markets, crypto assets, technology, and digitization
- Employees of startups with digital business models
(Wednesday) 14:00 - 15:00(GMT+02:00) View in my time