Personal information regarding website activity
When you access The Tokenizer we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Moreover, as you browse The Tokenizer, we collect information about the specific web pages that you access, what external websites or search terms referred you to The Tokenizer, and how you interact with The Tokenizer.
Data collection technologies and methods
- Cookies are small encrypted text files that are usually placed in a visitor’s browser directories and are accessed when the user’s device or computer browser loads The Tokenizer.
- Track the activity that occurs on The Tokenizer site, which collects data including IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages and data/time stamps.
Web beacons/action tags/pixels:
- These tags are electronic files that record information about how you browse the site and are used to measure the effectiveness of the advertisement.
How we use your personal information
Sharing of your personal information
The Tokenizer does not sell or disclose your personal information to other people or nonaffiliated companies, except to provide you with product and services, when we have your permission and during the situations listed below:
- We share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive.
- As described above, we may use your personal information to provide you with personalized advertising or marketing communications that may be of relevance to you. Consequently, we may share the information that we collect to other companies such as direct marketing firms and other third parties whom we have marketing collaborations with.
- We may also share your personal information with other third parties that support the enhancement of The Tokenizer by providing tools that help us understand how to use your personal information. An example could be Google Analytics, which provides insights on how you navigate through the site and how you accessed The Tokenizer. This benefits our internal performance analysis and evaluation regarding our ambition to provide you with the best and most relevant content.
- Furthermore, we may share with third parties certain aggregated, non-personal information such as total amount of users that clicked on a particular piece of content, or how many times the website was accessed through a particular channel.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact information below.
The Tokenizer is GDPR compliant.
We process your information to pursue our legitimate business goals as listed above. Consequently, your personal information may be transferred to other parts of the world, such as the United States and Canada.
For more information about our privacy practices, or if you have any questions or complaints, please contact us by email: [email protected]