Central Bank Digital Currency Expo 2021
CBDC is growing in hype – but will projects move out of the exploration phase? With more movement on Central Banks prioritising digital
CBDC is growing in hype – but will projects move out of the exploration phase?
With more movement on Central Banks prioritising digital currencies, join us and delve into the latest projects to understand the CBDC perspectives of both central and commercial banks.
About the Event
- Review both wholesale and retail CBDC projects to understand where the industry stands on CBDC and how this is likely to progress over the next 5 years
- Analyse the need for CBDCs by considering the value proposition such as financial inclusion, payment infrastructure and digital exchanges
- With the potential benefits in mind, discuss the risks and uncertainties of CBDC such as regulation, consumer protection and financial stability
- Explore the design elements of CBDCs and share innovative ideas around what the framework should look like
- Examine the other solutions to CBDC such as cryptocurrencies and stable coins to understand if CBDC is the only answer or these elements can work in tandem
(Wednesday) 11:00 - 13:00(GMT+02:00) View in my time